Become a Homestay Host!
Welcome the world to your front door and share a wonderful experience.
We are looking for a caring and compassionate homestay family in Vancouver to be the host family for a student from Japan. The deep cultural exchange with students who are challenging and improving themselves in a new world will be a great asset to your family!
Hosting international students is a uniquely rewarding experience!
Benefits of Hosting International Students
- Develop a deeper understanding of the world and culture by living with them
- Improve your family’s social skills
- Language learning opportunity
- Form lifelong friendships around the world
- Share and enjoy your adventures!
- Collect rewards
Who Should I Host?
Help international students experience the real world beyond the classroom
International Students You Will Host
- Japanese international students
- Learning English and other languages
- Motivated to gain deeper understanding of Vancouver life and people
- Have a desire to broaden their world and gain experience in Canada
- Interested in expanding their skills and opportunities by studying and working in Canada
- Who wish to build international relationships
What Do I Need to Become a Host?
There are a number of requirements in order to become a host
Requirements for Host Family
- Clean and sanitary environment
- Secure private room with desk
- Nutritious meals, 3 times a day
- Home located in Greater Vancouver, less than 1.5 hours by transit from downtown
- Patience, helpfulness and friendliness